When a sales person asked us the question, I know I should keep it simple and relate to everyday life.
‘what kind device or software who connected between ERP and WMS?’
the communication between ERP and WMS is achieved using multiple message exchange.
we called them Host Interface Messages.
we use XML.
‘XML is sofware?’
unable to avoid explaining XML.. I google.
Good Answer here: https://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_whatis.asp
- XML stands for eXtensible Markup Language
- XML is a markup language much like HTML
- XML was designed to store and transport data
- XML was designed to be self-descriptive
- XML is a W3C Recommendation
‘What does SOAP mean?’
SOAP is a protocol.
But I think my answer couldn’t satisfy him, I google again.
Good answer here: https://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_soap.asp
- SOAP stands for Simple Object Access Protocol
- SOAP is an application communication protocol
- SOAP is a format for sending and receiving messages
- SOAP is platform independent
- SOAP is based on XML
- SOAP is a W3C recommendation